Due to the present restrictions, we will start planning events as soon as we can ensure everyone’s safety.
Our Annual Gala (normally at the beginning of July) is cancelled this year but – watch this space – we will try to arrange a big celebration asap.
Examples of our events are:
· March – Kite flyers
· Easter Egg Hunt
· May Spring
· June Dog Show
· July Annual Gala
· Aug Grass sledging
· Sept Brass Band
· Oct Halloween
We are raising funds for a community monument to remember the people who have died during the Covid-19 pandemic in our area of north Sheffield. This includes the villages of Chapeltown, Burncross, Thorncliffe, Ecclesfield, High Green, and Grenoside which together represents 18,000 residents.
We are involving local children from primary and junior schools who will be invited to:
- Enter the monument design competition run by the Parish Council and “Stoneface Creative”
- Take part in a pebble painting project – these pebbles will be fixed onto part of the monument.
The proposed site would be in Chapeltown Park with a great vantage point so people can see it from the centre of Chapeltown looking up towards the park.
- Ecclesfield Parish Council;
- Aviva Community Fund Crowd funding in Dec 2020;
- Chapeltown Forum is recruiting local shops and businesses;
- Community workers are raising funds from Boys/Girls Brigade/scouts/guides/churches and local collections;
- Our team and Stoneface Creative to target schools
- Friends group, Chapeltown in Bloom, Churches
It is very difficult to raise funds at this sad time, but any donation, however small will be more than welcome. Please just click on the “donate” button.