We were formed in 2003 and became a Registered Charity (1118921) in 2007.
As we are located in the north of Sheffield which is not classed as a particularly deprived area (although we do have many struggling households), Chapeltown Park was very neglected – we had 3 old pieces of play equipment in the middle of the wood and young mothers were afraid to walk in the park as it was very overgrown and felt unsafe. At that time (a bit like now) the Council had no money to invest in anything except empty the bins and mow the grass.
Our main achievements so far:
· 2009 we cleared the glade near the river & put in seating
· 2011 we fundraised £130k out of the £230k for the Children’s playground
· 2010 we installed the pump BMX track
· 2014 Oxley orchard
· 2015 Outdoor Gym
· 2017 Big 6 Swing
· 2018 Decorative Arch sign at entrance
· 2017 we raised £4.5k for playground drainage
· 2014/18/20 new handrails round the park
We would sincerely like to thank all our benefactors and helpers over the years.
Our Trustees are:
· Graham Oxley (President)
· Mike Gethin (Chairman)
· Janet Linton (Treasurer)
· Doris Denton (Secretary)
· Joanna McGovern (Events)
· Joanna Biggin (Events)
· Judy McDonald (Events)
· Caroline Hansen (Events)